- 1 Top 9 smartphones 2022: rating of the best models
- 2 The best flagship smartphones 2022
- 3 Top 2022 mid-range smartphones
- 4 Rating of budget smartphones 2022
- 5 Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE 8/256GB Snowflake White (Global)
Top 9 smartphones 2022: rating of the best models
We have prepared the top smartphones in 2022 based on reviews and preferences of buyers to save your time while searching for a new gadget. Included in the rating phones with a good balance of CPU power, video quality and a set of useful features.
How to choose the right smartphone? First of all, let’s define what you need a gadget for: if you are an avid gamer – then it is important to have a powerful processor and a large screen. If you mostly watch videos from the Internet – the size of the screen and a stable connection are important. If you want to take perfect photos and shoot professional videos with effects – you can’t do without a flagship with a cool camera, like the iPhone 13 Pro. And for convenience on the road it is better to have a small device, but with a powerful battery. In extreme conditions, you need a rugged and protected smartphone, and the simplest “dialer” can come in handy as an extra. Further in the article read reviews of specific models to determine which smartphone to buy in 2022 for your tasks.
The best flagship smartphones 2022
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 8/128GB Dual Phantom Black S908B
Opens the rating of smartphones 2022 top flagship from Samsung in an aluminum body. It attracts attention not only by its spectacular design, but also by its powerful stuffing. The main cameras seem to sink into its smooth surface, and the screen seems borderless.
The 6.8-inch screen has support for Vision Booster technology and a peak brightness of 1,750 nits, so you can forget about glare. And the adaptive 120Hz refresh rate ensures smooth scrolling for a more comfortable viewing experience.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 8/128GB Dual Phantom Black S908B features a quad-camera with a 108MP, f/1.8 main module with a high-sensitivity pixel that lets you shoot like a real photographer. Pictures taken at night look spectacular thanks to a new night mode and a 4nm processor with Super Night Solution, which eliminates noise in every frame.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra features:
- S Pen stylus support for notes and smartphone control.
- Samsung’s 4nm Exynos 2200 chip is the fastest in the Galaxy lineup.
- Bright 6.8″ Dynamic AMOLED screen with HDR10+ and 120Hz support.
- Battery capacity of 5 000 mAh + wireless charging support.
- Support for 5G, NFC, Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax).
Google Pixel 6 Pro 12/128GB Stormy Black
Talking about the best 2022 smartphones and missing out on the brisk Google Pixel 6 Pro 12/128GB Stormy Black with Google’s proprietary Tensor processor would be wrong. This model will be a great choice for those who like powerful smartphones with a big screen and an advanced camera. It has a 6.7-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1440×3120 dots, which guarantees a detailed picture and a better user experience while playing games and working with applications.
Unlike the Google Pixel 6 8/256GB Stormy Black, the Pro model has a slightly better camera, so it will be a great choice for mobile photo enthusiasts. The base Pixel 6 includes the same primary and ultra-wide-angle camera, while the Pro also has a 48-megapixel sensor with Google’s 4x telephoto lens.
Google Pixel 6 Pro specifications:
- A 6.7” AMOLED screen with 1440 x 3120 pixels and 120Hz support.
- A strong battery of 5 030 mAh + fast charging up to 30W.
- 8-core Google Tensor processor for the most demanding tasks and support for new camera features.
- 12GB of RAM and 128GB of built-in memory.
- 11-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro 256GB Alpine Green
The iPhone 13 Pro Max is the older model of the 13 series with a refined processor, better camera and battery life. The smartphone is based on the 6-core Apple A15 Bionic chip, created by the 5-nm processor. New video encoders and decoders have been added to the processor, capable of shooting and editing video in ProRes. Such videos weigh a lot, which was the reason for the 1TB version.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro 256GB Alpine Green (MNDU3) got a screen with ProMotion technology (120 Hz refresh rate), so the interface and graphics are smooth and the screen refreshes twice as fast.
One of the interesting features of the 13 series is the Cinematic Mode. It allows you to record video with a blurred background (bokeh effect). It uses neurotechnology and artificial intelligence, which allows you to keep the focus on the faces when the person in the frame moves. Such videos look really cinematic.
iPhone 13 Pro Max specs:
- A 6.7-inch 120Hz OLED screen with brightness up to 1,200 nits.
- A15 Bionic processor with a 16-core Neural Engine capable of processing up to 15.8 trillion
- operations per second.
- Up to 28 hours of video playback with 100% battery life.
- Triple camera 12 + 12 + 12 MP with optical image stabilization with matrix shift.
- Supports photographic styles: colorful, saturated, warm, cool.
Top 2022 mid-range smartphones
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 8/128Gb Graphite G9900 (Snapdragon)
An affordable version of the flagship smartphone Samsung Galaxy S21. The model has a screen with a frequency of 120 Hz, AMOLED matrix and a resolution of 2400×1800 pixels, thanks to which the picture on the screen is detailed and smooth. The prefix FE in the name stands for Fan Edition and indicates that the device was designed in accordance with the wishes of fans.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 8/128Gb Graphite G9900 (Snapdragon) has an under-screen fingerprint scanner – it works quickly, it is convenient to use.
For performance is responsible 8-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 888. This is the flagship chip, the possibilities of which have no limits. You can work in multitasking mode, process photos, edit videos and perform other tasks – Galaxy S21 FE copes with everything. You’ll be pleased with the phone and a good camera: 12 MP with a wide angle lens, 12 MP with an ultra-wide angle lens and 8 MP with 3x telephoto lens.
Galaxy S21 FE specifications:
- 6.4-inch AMOLED 120Hz screen.
- 5nm Snapdragon 888 processor with 5G modem.
- Front camera 32 megapixel, f/2.2.
- Support for NFC, 5G and GLONASS.
- Battery life – up to 15 hours (battery 4 500 mAh).
Apple iPhone SE 3 64GB Midnight 2022
The much-loved iPhone SE has been updated in 2022, and when it comes to the best 2022 smartphones in the compact form factor, this phone is probably the first one worth mentioning. It got the same processor as the iPhone 13 – the A15 Bionic. The smartphone is powerful, with good stuffing, but it is still made in the old form factor – in the style of the iPhone 8. The choice of the buyer is offered in three colors: Black, White, Red.
The iPhone SE 3 64GB Midnight 2022 remains a favorite of fans of small screens. The smartphone has a 4.7-inch display with a resolution of 1334×750 pixels and ceramic coating Ceramic Shield, which is much more resistant than Gorilla Glass. iPhone SE 3 works up to 15 hours of battery life, which is a little more than the iPhone SE 2. It also claims to support fast charging (in 30 minutes by 50%) and wireless charging standard Qi.
Features of the iPhone SE 3:
- IPS screen 4.7”, HD with Wide color display (P3), brightness 625 nits + TrueTone technology.
- Main camera 12 megapixel with portrait mode, Live Photos, panorama mode.
- 7 megapixel selfie camera with the “Spotlight” function.
- 5G network support.
- Memory options: 64/128/256 GB.
- IP67 water protection.
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G 6/128GB Awesome Black A528B
Continues the top smartphone 2022 performance “midget” from Samsung with AMOLED screen, a good chip Snapdragon 778G and a battery of 4 500 mAh. The stuffing of the smartphone allows you to comfortably solve complex tasks and stay connected for a long time – that’s what most users need. From the name of the model is already clear that the smartphone supports 5G technology – a more stable connection, high speed data transfer.
The FullHD+ screen supports 120 Hz refresh rate, so that the content is played smoothly, a comfortable gameplay is guaranteed. To protect personal data there is a fingerprint scanner under the screen, it works flawlessly.
Overall, the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G 6/128GB Awesome Black A528B is an excellent smartphone for gaming, chatting in messengers, calling and working with applications. The quarter camera with the main module of 64 MP allows you to take good pictures, so for Instagram fans, too, this model will do.
- Super AMOLED screen, 405 ppi, 120 Hz.
- 8-core Snapdragon 778G processor with 5G modem.
- Operating system – Android 11, One UI 3.1.
- Battery 4,500 mAh with 30W fast charging.
- Four main camera lenses: 64 MP, f/1.8 + 12 MP, f/2.2 + 5 MP, f/2.4 + 5 MP, f/2.4.
- An excellent front camera 32 MP, f/2.2 takes quality selfies.
Rating of budget smartphones 2022
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE 8/256GB Snowflake White (Global)
The 2022 smartphone ranking would be incomplete if we didn’t add smartphones from Xiaomi to it. For example, a powerful smartphone from Xiaomi with a large 6.55-inch screen plays content at 90Hz and supports Dolby Vision technology for a better perception of the content. Thanks to True Color technology, accurate color reproduction is achieved, and all the colors and shades on the display appear rich and bright. Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE 8/256GB Snowflake White (Global) has a reading mode, in which the screen acquires the texture of paper, so that there was an opportunity to comfortably and without fatigue to perceive the text.
The Xiaomi 11 Lite is based on the powerful Snapdragon 778G platform, which has enough power for most modern tasks. The 4,250 mAh battery provides a full day of battery life without limitation.
Despite the fact that the smartphone does not belong to the flagship, it has an excellent camera with a main module of 64 MP, which allows you to create professional videos and photos. The system offers the user built-in special effects that will turn any video sequence into a cinematic video. The camera also offers a video blog mode with 9 video recording templates, an advanced night mode, and an 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor that captures more detail in the frame.
- 6.5-inch 1080 x 2400 AMOLED display, 90 Hz.
- Triple camera 64 MP, f/1.8 + 8 MP, f/2.2 + 5 MP, f/2.4 / Dual-LED flash.
- Communications: USB Type-C 2.0 / Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NavIC), NFC, IR port.
- Supports 33-watt fast charging.
- Special reading mode and support for TrueColor technology for more accurate color reproduction.
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G 4/64GB Cool Blue (Global)
Fast smartphone Poco M4 Pro is built on a 6-nm processor MediaTek Dimensity 810, its features are enough for comfortable gaming on medium graphics settings and work in your favorite applications. If you want to buy an inexpensive smartphone with a big screen, then this model fits perfectly for such parameters – 6.6-inch FHD+ display. It supports 90-hertz refresh rate, so a smooth interface and comfortable graphics are guaranteed.
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G 4/64GB Cool Blue (Global) will appeal to those looking for a smartphone with good battery life – inside it is a 5,000 mAh battery with support for fast 33-watt charging. The phone charges to 100 percent in just 59 minutes.
The smartphone also offers a good camera with a main module up to 50 megapixels, which emphasizes the details, allowing you to save important moments in all the details.
- Powerful 8-core MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G processor.
- 6.6” IPS screen with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 dots, 90 Hz and pixel density of 399 ppi.
- Support for 5G, NFC and Bluetooth 5.1.
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera.
- Heavy-duty protective glass Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S 6/64Gb Twilight Blue (Global)
If you’re looking for a smartphone to buy in 2022 not for all the money in the world, the Redmi Note 11S is the way to go. The main camera with four lenses and the main module of 108 megapixels is responsible for beautiful photos with good detail and natural color reproduction. Helping the main module lenses 2 + 8 + 2 megapixels. Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S 6/64Gb Twilight Blue (Global) supports portrait mode with bokeh effect, panoramic, continuous shooting and offers different effects and filters to improve the frame after shooting. For taking selfies there is a 16-megapixel front camera.
Enjoy also a large AMOLED screen 6,43” with a refresh rate of 90 Hz. Fans of video games will appreciate the smooth graphics. Among the additional pluses are fast charging 33 W and a high-capacity battery of 5 000 mAh.
Specifications Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S:
- AMOLED screen 6.43″ with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels and a pixel density of 409 ppi.
- There is a standard 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- Spectacular glass design and two other colors with shimmers: white, black.
- Mediatek Helio G96 processor, whose capabilities are in line with the price range.