- 1 How to connect bluetooth speaker to xbox one?
- 1.1 HDMI – one interface for video and audio
- 1.2 Sound transmission over fiber optics
- 1.3 Is there life with a Mini Jack?
- 1.4 How to connect a soundbar
How to connect bluetooth speaker to xbox one?
Set-top box users most often use the standard sound output through the TV. But what if you own an advanced home theater or speakers connected through an amplifier? The usual 3.5 mm audio jacks on the Xbox body is not.
Despite this, there are many options for connecting speakers. In the material we will get acquainted with all the possible ways to connect the speakers to the Xbox from the most obvious to the most unusual.
HDMI – one interface for video and audio
Connecting the console through HDMI at the moment is standard. In this case, the sound output is carried out through the built-in speakers of the TV or monitor.
The advantages of this option is the simplicity of connection, no extra costs, and a minimum of wires. The disadvantage is the lack of opportunity to influence the configuration of the audio system. The mediocre sound of TV speakers will not be able to engage in the gameplay.
HDMI interface, starting from the first version, has support for multichannel audio. To realize its full potential, you need to add AV receiver (multichannel amplifier with decoders of digital audio stream) and speakers.
Sequence of connecting components and setting up the Xbox:
- An HDMI cable from the console plugs into the receiver’s HDMI connector. These devices, even entry-level devices have several ports on board. For the console choose the port labeled “HDMI IN “Game”.
- Connect the HDMI cable from your TV to the HDMI connector of the receiver marked OUT. If there are several outputs, it is preferable to choose one marked ARC. This will provide additional functionality of the system: the receiver will automatically turn on when you turn on the TV, and only the TV remote control will be needed to adjust the volume.
- Acoustics are connected to special jacks of the receiver (Speakers).
- In the console settings go to System -> Settings -> General -> Volume and audio output
- Change the default setting (Stereo without compression) to 5.1 or 7.1 depending on the mode of your receiver.
In the case of the original Xbox One any AV receiver will do, for One S and One X should choose a model with an HDMI version at least 2.0 (to play HDR content).
The HDMI version should be checked with the receiver manufacturer’s customer service before purchase. It is not uncommon to see the marking on the device itself.
Sound transmission over fiber optics
All current models of Xbox have on board an optical output (Toslink). It allows you to transmit up to six separate sound channels.
After connecting the components, you need to tune the set-top box. To do this:
- In the console settings, go to System -> Settings -> General -> Volume and Audio Output.
- In the “Optical audio” section set the parameters suitable for the sound system (Dolby Digital or DTS Digital Surround, depending on which standard the equipment works with).
With this connection the set-top box will fit into your home theater system without any problems. Do not forget that not all amplifiers are equipped with an optical input. It is labeled Optical IN on the case.
Is there life with a Mini Jack?
The previous methods use a digital audio signal, which has become increasingly common lately. But how do you connect speakers equipped with the familiar Mini Jack?
In this case, too, there are plenty of options. For example, on most monitors without built-in speakers you can find a 3.5 mm jack. It allows you to connect external speakers up to systems with two front speakers and a low-frequency channel (2.1).
The speakers can also be connected to a gamepad. The third revision of the Microsoft Xbox One Controller is equipped with a Mini Jack input. If you own earlier models, you will have to buy the accessory Microsoft Stereo Headset Adapter (6JV-00011). But at the moment it is not easy to find it on sale.
Connecting the speakers to the joystick has an obvious disadvantage: the wire will tie you to one place and become an annoying factor during the gameplay. It is recommended to use this method only in case of extreme need or as a temporary solution.
How to connect a soundbar
Nowadays, soundbars are an indispensable attribute of many living rooms. During purchase, the question often arises about how to integrate it into a system consisting of a TV and a game console.
Any soundbar can be made to work with Xbox, and the method depends on the situation. For example, even the most budget modern model has an optical output on the case.
More expensive soundbars are not without HDMI ports. Versions with two interfaces labeled “HDMI IN”, “HDMI OUT” will be suitable for connecting the set-top box.
In this case we have a pass-through connection:
- The HDMI cable from the console plugs into the HDMI connector (labeled IN) of the soundbar.
- The HDMI cable from the TV is connected to the HDMI connector of the soundbar labeled OUT.
The earliest or most budget soundbars may only have a 3.5mm jack or a composite cable (3-tulp) on the housing. In this case, the set-top box and the soundbar are connected to the TV in parallel.
In conclusion, let us present the advantages and disadvantages of each method in the form of a table:
|Using the built-in TV or monitor speakers
Quick connection requiring no special skills
No multi-channel sound
|Connecting through the receiver||Better surround sound, ideal for building a home theater
User chooses loudspeakers according to preference and budget
Flexible set-up and configurations
Large number of wires
Difficult to connect
High cost of AV receiver and speakers
|Connecting via optical output||
Good surround sound, suitable for building a home theater
Large number of wires
|Connecting via 3.5mm monitor output||
User chooses speakers according to preference and budget
|Speaker configuration not more than 2.1.|
|Connecting via 3.5mm output on a gamepad||The only option for audio output when connecting the console to a monitor without a 3.5mm jack.||
Speaker configuration not more than 2.1.
The wire coming off the gamepad will be a constant distraction from the gameplay